Scholarships for a free German language course in Germany
German Haus provides scholarships to its students to do a free language course in Germany. In German Haus, we always try to promote the German language learning and offers the best learning environment to our students, and this scholarship for a free German language course in Germany is an attempt to achieve it. Here are the required details for this scholarship.
Question 1: For what do the students get a scholarship?
For a German language course in Germany only.
Question 2: What is the amount of the scholarship?
Eligible students get a German language course worth up to 300 Euros.
Question 3: Who will arrange the course in Germany?
The course is to be selected by the eligible student only in a recognized German language institute in Germany.
Question 4: Does German Haus recommend any specific German language institute in Germany?
German Haus recommends Goethe Institut in Germany. Though the Student is allowed to reserve a German language course in a recognized German language institute.
Question 5: What if the language course fee is less than 300 Euros?
In that case, the eligible student will get the actual price of the course, as mentioned in the fee receipt.
Question 6: What if the language course fee is more than 300 Euros?
In that case, the eligible student will get a scholarship of a maximum of 300 Euros. The rest amount has to be paid by the student.
Question 7: How many scholarships are awarded by German Haus annually?
German Haus offers this scholarship two times a year. One for the Summer semester and one for the Winter semester.
Question 8: Will the selected student also get air ticket charges and accommodation charges?
No, the student will get a scholarship only for the German language course. Other expenses have to be borne by the student only.
Question 9: Can a Student get cash instead of a scholarship?
Question 10: Is this scholarship transferable?
Eligibility for the scholarship:
- The student has to do at least 3 levels in a row from German Haus/The Language Office, Chandigarh.
- The student has not received any other scholarship from German Haus/The Language Office, Chandigarh.
- The student must obtain 90% or more than 90% in all 4 parts combined in the examination (B1, B2, C1, and C2).
- The student must pass the examination B1 within 3 months of registration in the course and B2 or C1 within 6 months of registration in the course.
- The selected student has to show a valid visa to Germany, an admission letter from the German language school, and the fee receipt of the same German language school in Germany.
- The scholarship is awarded purely on merit basis. For example, if two students get more than 90% in the above-mentioned examination, then the student with a higher percentage will get the scholarship.
- If two or more than two students get more than 90% in the above-mentioned examination and also have exactly the same percentage, then the scholarship price will be equally distributed among the selected students.
Terms and conditions:
- The scholarship program is only for B2.1, B2.2, C1.2, C1.2, C2.1, and C2.2 levels.
- The scholarship program is valid only for the course of one level mentioned above.
- The scholarship program is valid for one semester only. (Summer semester: April 1-September 30 and Winter semester: October 1 -March 31).
- The result of the scholarship for the summer semester is announced on 3rd March.
- The selected student/s must avail the scholarship in the summer semester only. If they fail to do so, they can not claim the scholarship after September 30 of that financial year.
- The nominations for the summer semester must be sent to German Haus via mail till 28th Feb by 12:00 AM IST with all valid documents.
- The result of the scholarship for the Winter semester is announced on 3rd August.
- The selected student/s must avail the scholarship in the Winter semester only. If they fail to do so, they can not claim the scholarship after March 30 of that financial year.
- The nominations for the Winter semester must be sent to German Haus via mail till 31st August by 12:00 AM IST with all valid documents.
- Only Goethe Institut certificates cum result will be considered as the proof of the marks. These certificates must be issued by Goethe Institut (New Delhi, Pune, Kolkata, Bangalore, Chennai, and Mumbai) and not by Goethe Zentrum.