What is an APS certificate?
Germany has made it mandatory for Indian students to get their academic records assessed by the Academic Evaluation Centre (APS) and obtain authenticity certificates before applying for student visas.
From01.11.2022, APS certificates will be a mandatory part of the documents to be submitted with your visa application, the German Missions in India said.
The application process
- Register online at www.aps-india.de Print and sign the completed application form. Incomplete and incorrect information will invalidate your application.
- Transfer the APS procedure fee of 18,000/- INR to the APS bank account.
- Submit the required documents including the printed and signed application form via courier or in person at the reception desk of the APS India.
- Document verification will be conducted by the APS.
- On completion of the document verification, your online profile will be updated with the verification outcome. Successful candidates will receive five original APS certificates via courier.
Successful candidates may apply for a student visa through VFS.
Why is APS certificate important?
- This certificate acts as proof of authenticity for Indian academic documents.
- This certificate ensures that all the guiding eligibility criteria are fulfilled, which are applied by German universities to admission-seeking candidates.
- Printed and duly signed application form with passport-size photo (not older than 6 months)
- Copy of APS fee transfer receipt
- Copy of Aadhaar card with linked mobile number.
- Copies of passports
- Copies of all your Mark sheets and degree certificates
- Students may be asked to submit extra documents based on the degree level they apply for.
- Proof or Language certificate for German or English
How long will the process take?
Students should expect to receive their APS certificate within two weeks after the successful submission of documents.
How much does it cost?
Students will need to pay a non-refundable fee of Rs 18,000 for APS verification.
Who is exempt from the APS requirement?
- An APS certificate is not required for short-term courses (less than 90 days). For courses having a duration longer than 90 days, an APS certificate is mandatory.
- Students sponsored by German or EU-funded scholarships need not apply for an APS certification.
What is the validity of an APS certificate?
Once a candidate has been issued an APS certificate, it is valid indefinitely. In the event of a change in the candidate’s eligibility criteria, one may be required to apply for an updated APS certificate under a new category.
Does it apply to Indian candidates only?
No, not only for India. Students coming from India, Vietnam, mainland China, and Mongolia have to furnish APS-Certificate.