German A1 Regular for slow learners
Language level A1 is the lowest level of proficiency according to the Common European Framework of Reference for Languages. The aim of this learning stage is the ability of basic language use that is fundamental for further language learning. This course mainly focuses on:
- Candidates for spouse visas
- Candidates for handwork and industrial trainings (Ausbildung), who wish to work in Germany.
Regular language course for level A1 comprises 80 UEs (Classwork + homework)
The course duration: 8 weeks
Total no. of UEs: 80 (Each UE is of 45 minutes)
The learning material available here provides an insight into the contents and training methods.
Learning objectives of the A1 course
After this course students will be able to:
- understand and use familiar, everyday expressions, and very simple sentences, which relate to the satisfying concrete needs.
- introduce him/herself and others as well as ask others about themselves – e.g. where they live, who they know, and what they own, respond to questions of this nature
- communicate in a simple manner if the person they are speaking to speaks slowly and clearly and is willing to help.
- W-questions (Wie, Wo, Woher….)
- Personal Pronouns (ich, du, er, sie, es…)
- Basic sentence structure
- Definite Articles (der, die, das)
- Yes/No Questions
- Plural forms
- Verbs haben and sein
- Indefinite Articles (ein, eine, ein)
- Negative Articles (kein, keine, kein)
- Imperative sentences with Sie
- Position in sentences
- Accusative case
- Verb with accusative
- Prepositions: am, um, von….bis
- Possessive pronouns (mein, dein,…)
- Modal verbs (können, wollen, müssen)
- Usage of Modal verbs in sentences
- How to say dates
- Inseparable verbs
- Prepositions (für + accusative)
- Personal pronouns with accusative (mich, dich…)
- Past form of haben and sein
- Prepositions with dativ
- Articles with dativ
- Possessive pronouns with accusative
- Adjectives with sehr/zu
- Changing Prepositions (Wechselpräpositionen with dative)
- welcher/welches/welche and dieser/dieses/diese
- Paritzip 2 of separable verbs
- Personal pronouns with dative
- Verbs with dative
- Imperative sentences
- Modal verbs (sollen, dürfen, nicht dürfen)
- Pronoun – man
- More W-Questions
Study Material (Excluded in Fees)
- Netzwerk A1 Coursebook with 12 Chapters
- Netzwerk A1 Workbook with 12 Chapters
- Mit Erfolg zu Start Deutsch 1
- Access to the online platform to submit homework and get it checked.
- Online study notes for A1
Medium of instruction: Hindi, Punjabi
International Certificate for Visa purposes:
After this course, you can appear for the following exams:
- Goethe Zertifikat A1
- ÖSD A1
Domestic Certificate for other purposes:
- On having an attendance of or more than 75%, students will get a participation certificate.
- On passing the final mock test, the student will get an A1 Certificate from German Haus.
- A Domestic or an International passing certificate is compulsory to go to the next level.
Please note: Domestic certificates can not be used for any international purpose.