German A2 for Young Learners
Language level A2 is the elementary level of proficiency according to the Common European Framework of Reference for Languages. The aim of this learning stage is the ability of elementary language use that is fundamental for further language learning. Since intensive and regular learning is essential to achieve this goal, an intensive language course on level A2 comprises 160 UEs (Classwork + homework).
The course duration is of 12 weeks
The learning material available here provides an insight into the contents and training methods.
- Repetition pass (1+1): Students can repeat course A2 for one extra time within 90 days of their first registration without any extra cost.
- Prior confirmation is mandatory to repeat the course.
- Course-Teacher’s approval is mandatory to repeat the course.
Learning objectives of the A2 course
After this course students will be able to:
- understand sentences and commonly used expressions associated with topics directly related to his/her direct circumstances (e.g. personal information or information about his/her family, shopping, work, immediate surroundings)
- make him/herself understood in simple, routine situations dealing with a simple and direct exchange of information on familiar and common topics.
- describe his/her background and education, immediate surroundings, and other things associated with immediate needs in a simple way.
- Possessive pronouns with dative
- doch (in Yes-No Question)
- Reflexive verbs
- Nebensatz with weil
- Past tense of Modal verbs
- Position verb (stehen, sitzen, liegen, hängen)
- Comparative sentences with als, wie
- Nebensatz with dass
- Nebensatz with wenn
- Adjective ending with definite articles
- Adjective ending with indefinite articles
- Preposition (ohne + accusative, mit +dative)
- the verb werden
- Nebensatz with indirect questions
- local prepositions (an….vorbei, durch….)
- Connectors (denn, weil)
- Subjunctive 2 (with sollte)
- Temporal prepositions (bis, über + accusative, ab + dative)
- Connectors (deshalb, trotzdem)
- Verbs with dative and accusative
- Subjunctive 2 (with könnte)
- Nebensatz with als and wenn
- Interrogative article (was für ein/eine…)
- Pronouns: man, jemand, niemand, alles, etwas, nichts
- Relative sentences in nominative
- Subjunctive 2 (wishes, suggestions)
- Verb with prepositions
- W-Questions with prepositions (Auf wen?, Worauf?….)
- Nebensatz with damit and um…..zu
- Relative sentences in the accusative
Medium of instruction: German
Study Material (Excluded in Fees)
- Magnet A2 Course book
- Magnet A2 Work book
- Access to the online platform to submit homework and get it checked.
- Online study notes for A2
International Certificate for Visa purposes:
After this course, you can appear for the following exams:
- Fit in Deutsch 2
- ÖSD Kid A2
Domestic Certificate for other purposes:
- On having the attendance of or more than 75%, students will get a participation certificate.
- On passing the final mock test, the student will get an A2 Certificate from The Language Office.
- A Domestic or an International passing certificate is compulsory to go to the next level.
Please note: Domestic certificates can not be used for any international purpose.