Goethe German A2 Intensive
Language level A2 is the elementary level of proficiency according to the Common European Framework of Reference for Languages. The aim of this learning stage is the ability of elementary language use that is fundamental for further language learning. Since intensive and regular learning is essential to achieve this goal, an intensive language course on level A2 comprises 90 hours/ 120 Units.
The course duration is of 12 weeks.
The learning material available here provides an insight into the contents and training methods.
Learning objectives of A2 course
After this course student will be able to:
- understand sentences and commonly used expressions associated with topics directly related to his/her direct circumstances (e.g. personal information or information about his/her family, shopping, work, immediate surroundings)
- make him/herself understood in simple, routine situations dealing with a simple and direct exchange of information on familiar and common topics.
- describe his/her background and education, immediate surroundings, and other things associated with immediate needs in a simple way.
- Possessive pronouns with dative
- doch (in Yes-No Question)
- Reflexive verbs
- Nebensatz with weil
- Past tense of Modal verbs
- Position verb (stehen, sitzen, liegen, hängen)
- Comparative sentences with als, wie
- Nebensatz with dass
- Nebensatz with wenn
- Adjective ending with definite articles
- Adjective ending with indefinite articles
- Preposition (ohne + accusative, mit +dative)
- the verb werden
- Nebensatz with indirect questions
- local prepositions (an….vorbei, durch….)
- Connectors (denn, weil)
- Subjunctive 2 (with sollte)
- Temporal prepositions (bis, über + accusative, ab + dative)
- Connectors (deshalb, trotzdem)
- Verbs with dative and accusative
- Subjunctive 2 (with könnte)
- Nebensatz with als and wenn
- Interrogative article (was für ein/eine…)
- Pronouns: man, jemand, niemand, alles, etwas, nichts
- Relative sentences in nominative
- Subjunctive 2 (wishes, suggestions)
- Verb with prepositions
- W-Questions with prepositions (Auf wen?, Worauf?….)
- Nebensatz with damit and um…..zu
- Relative sentences in accusative
Study Material (Excluded in Fees)
- Magnet A2 Course book
- Magnet A2 Work book
- Access to the online platform to submit homework and get it checked.
- Online study notes for A2
- Final mock test at the end of the course
International Certificate for Visa purposes:
After this course, you can appear for the following exams:
- Goethe Institut Fit A1 Zertifikat
- ÖSD Kid A1
Domestic Certificate for other purposes:
- On having the attendance of or more than 75%, student will get a participation certificate.
- On passing the final mock test, student will get an A2 Certificate from The Language Office.
- A Domestic or an International passing certificate is compulsory to go to the next level.